Build Your Very Own Boat
Plastic bottles are basically BUILT for making boats. The smallest modification turns almost any plastic bottle into the perfect sea faring vessel. This craft idea came from a website called Handy With Scissors
WHAT YOU NEED
- Plastic bottles of various sizes (needs to be flat on one side)
- Lids (matching or otherwise)
- Sticky contact or Waterproof decorations + hot glue
- Wooden sticks/dowel
To Make A Boat:
- Using a blade or scissors, remove one side of the bottle (definitely an adult job).
- Decorate with colored contact cut into shapes or stick on some waterproof decorations using hot glue. I added some extra details to mine with permanent marker but this is optional.
- Make sure you have a lid on your bottle so the water doesn’t get in and sink your boat. We had some blingin’ gold lids floating about so glued these in place of the original lids.
- To erect the mast, stick some dowel into a small lid and fill it with hot glue. When dry, glue the lid to the inside base of the boat. For the mast itself, we attached a big plastic lid and a random sheet of textured plastic we found lying around. It doesn’t really matter what you use here but something plastic and flat is ideal. Finn decided his was a speedboat and so didn’t require a mast at all!
When you are happy with your designs, get sailing!! These boats are amazingly sturdy and can hold small toy passengers too!